High School Academics
Online Advanced Placement® (AP®) and Honors Education
Take Up the Challenge
Robust AP® Courses
In our online AP® courses, students explore a college-level curriculum and prepare to take the AP® exam in a particular subject. Their AP® exam score may allow them to receive college credit, as determined by the college.*
Challenging Honors Courses
High school honors courses are designed to help students quickly master concepts and require a high degree of independence and self-discipline. Both are valuable skills for students on the path to future success.
In honors courses, students:
- Evaluate and synthesize information
- Demonstrate more advanced writing skills
- Participate in honors projects
Who should take AP® or honors courses at FLCCA?
To enroll in AP® courses online or honors courses, we recommend that high school students:
- Complete their prerequisites successfully
- Obtain a recommendation from a teacher or school counselor
- Have a strong interest in the subject
*AP® exams are scored on a scale of 1 to 5. According to the College Board, many U.S. colleges grant credit and/or advanced placement for scores 3 or higher.